What is an auto belay?
Traditional climbing needs two people…one as the climber and the other is known as the manual belayer. An auto belay eliminates the need for a human belayer. The auto belay takes up the slack as a climber ascends and controls the descent when the climber reaches the top or in the event of a fall.
Why would I need an auto belay?
Auto belays will lead to an increase in revenue because it will reduce staff costs and facility risks. It will also increase single climbers, beginner climbers or belayers yet to be certified, and it will create a less crowded facility for your climbers to train and have fun with ease.
Auto belays are great for:
- Climbing Gyms
- Recreation Centers
- Residential Walls
- Youth Centers and Camps
- Ropes and Challenge Courses
- Outdoor Walls
Some key features of the Perfect Descent 220CR Auto Belay:
- Proudly Made in the USA
- It is equipped with a mechanically activated secondary locking device that is always engaged, giving the unit a fully redundant braking system
- Portable, durable & lightweight modular auto belay solution, only 32 pounds
- Easy to install & easy to move
- Accommodates walls up to 55’ tall
- Field replaceable yellow safety lanyard with built-in wear indicators
- Optional 52 ft., 40 ft. or 28 ft. replacement lanyard lengths
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel & aluminum construction
- 2 Year factory re-certification interval reduces costs & keeps unit in use & profitable for longer periods of time
- Meets ANSI Z359 strength requirements (when outfitted with optional ANSI-2007 Approved Steel Carabiner)
- Increase climbers per wall with reduced staff requirements
- Lanyard based system reduces damage to walls
- Backed by product liability insurance coverage through an “A”
- Rated Insurance Carrier
Auto Belay Specifications:
- Auto Belay Type: Centrifugal Braking System
- Line specs: 24 – 52 ft. (7.32m to 15.85m) long, comprised of 1″ Nylon Spectra Webbing
- Case Dimensions: 16×9.5×7.5 in (40x24x19 cm)
- Net Weight: 32 lbs (14.52kg)
- Descent rate:
Maximum: 6.6 ft/s (2m/s)
Minimum: 1.6 ft/s (o.5 m/s)
Maximum weight of climber: 310 lbs (140 kg)
Minimum weight of climber: 75 lbs (34 kg)
Perfect Descent’s Auto Belay comes standard with a 24 month factory warranty on parts and service. Product liability insurance is extended if regular inspections and maintenance are performed. (Failure to complete regular inspection on schedule will void the product’s liability coverage.)
- 28 ft lanyard w/ ANSI Steel Carabiner – $1,880
- 40 ft lanyard w/ ANSI Steel Carabiner – $1,905
- 52 ft lanyard w/ ANSI Steel Carabiner – $1,930
- 28 ft lanyard w/ ANSI Steel Carabiner – $2,045
- 40 ft lanyard w/ ANSI Steel Carabiner – $2,070
- 52 ft lanyard w/ ANSI Steel Carabiner – $2,090
Please contact Rockwerx for more information on PERFECT DESCENT Auto Belay today!
New Combo Auto Belay Mounting Bracket
This bracket is designed to capture the auto belay and hold it off the wall in the optimal position for climbing. Additionally the bar allows for top rope belaying. It is designed with a flat steel plate that attaches to a flat block, concrete or brick wall. Comes with mounting hardware and installation instructions.
Purchase Price: $350.00 plus shipping.
To purchase call to order